PARAPANDA THEATRE LAB is going to conduct a press conference ON MONDAY(22/11/2010) from 10am-11am at BASATA's Venue; to introduce to media and funs a new song called "KIAPO NA AGANO"...It aims at reflecting the promises that our politicians/leaders promised us during the campaigns towards GENERAL ELECTION 2010 and remind them to fullfill as they said..PARAPANDA has got some hits like "Tangulia Mwalimu","Tufungulieni-Dedicated to... Orphans in Makete;IRINGA" and "Futeni Machozi"...YOU ARE ALL WELLCOME!
PARAPANDA THEATRE LAB inatarajia kufanya mkutano na waandishi wa habari,wanamuziki, wanaharakati na wadau wote siku ya JUMATATU(22/11/2010) katika ukumbi wa BASATA kuanzia saa4asubuhi-saa5asubuhi kuutambulisha kwa waandishi na wadau wengine wimbo mpya uitwao,"KIAPO NA AGANO".. Wimbo huu umelenga kuwakumbusha viongozi na wanasiasa kuhusu ahadi walizotoa kipindi cha kampeni kuelekea UCHAGUZI MKUU 2010 na kwamba wanachi tunasubiri utekelezwaji wa ahadi hizo kama walivyoziahidi..PARAPANDA imeshawahi kutoa nyimbo kali na zilizowahi kutamba kama,"Tangulia Mwalimu","Tufungulieni-Maalum kwa watoto YATIMA wa MAKETE;IRINGA" na "Futeni Machozi"...NYOTE MNAKARIBISHWA KWENYE TUKIO HILI LA KIPEKEE!!
1998: Parapanda Arts in collaboration with UN refugee’s Organization UNHCR produced a 20 minutes radio play called MKIMBIZI, which was aired by Radio Tanzania Dar Es Salaam. The play was to campaign for peace as a way of solving the refugee’s problem in Africa.
2000: Production of 26 episodes for Radio Theatre on Civic Education for 2000 General election.
2003 Production of 42 episodes for Radio Theatre on Civic education. Baragumu la Haki.
PTLT has organized a number of training workshops on Children and Youth Theatre
1996 Conducted a theatre workshop for 80 children from four primary schools in Ilala district. Establishment of School Health Clubs followed the workshop. Plan International funded the workshop.
1999. Conducted a participatory theatre workshop for three primary schools in Kinondoni and Temeke Municipalities. The workshop focused on children health with emphasis on school environment as a source of health hazards
2000. Workshop on Children theatre for eight Primary school teachers from four Plan supported schools. The workshop focused on Creation Process of children Theatre and management of Children Theatre Groups.
2000 Conducted Children Theatre Festival during African Child Day
2002 Conducted a study on Child Rights using Community theatre Approach in Morogoro Rural and Kinondoni.
2005 Trained Interactive Theatre in Shangilia Mtoto wa Africa Nairobi Kenya. The center is for vulnerable children.
2006 Conducted theatre training for Young people in ISHI programme on interactive Theatre.
1994: - Performance of three plays: AMANI (peace) MCHAWI WETU (The Witch) and TUSI LA KARINE, (An insult of a Century). These plays were performed at various places of Dar es Salaam region: The University of Dar Es Salaam, Chang’ombe Teachers College and Institute of Finance Management (IFM).
- Performance of dances and a play on Reproductive Health (STDs) and HIV/AIDS performed at the University of Dar Es Salaam. The play was sponsored by (Association of Family Planning of Tanzania – UMATI).
- Performance of dances and a play titled HAKI YANGU on women’s right. It was performed during the Inauguration of the former Tanzania Women Association (BAWATA).
1995: Performance of a dance drama and a play on Reproductive Health: STDS) and HIV/AIDS at the University of Dar Es Salaam. The Performance was sponsored by UMATI.
- Writing and performances of a play KILIO CHETU (OUR PLIGHT) under sponsorship of Medical Aid Foundation. An NGO working on Health sector. The play was later published by TPH. The production toured in Dar Es Salaam schools.
1995/96: Performance of a play titled NIFANYEJE? (What should I do?) On a war against AIDS. This musical play was sponsored by PASADA (A catholic NGO working for people living with HIV/AIDS in Dar Es Salaam). 20 performances were held in Dar es Salaam and coast region.
- Five more street performances of the play were done in Dar es Salaam city under the sponsorship of the National AIDS control Programme.
- Organized a special performance at Goethe Institute (German Cultural Center). The production also involved the late Mzee Moris Nyunyusa the famous drummer.
- Performance of Poetic recitations and dances titled AMANI YA DUNIA (world peace) at Kilimanjaro Hotel and White sands Hotel under sponsorship of League for world peace (a religious organization).
1998: Performance of Poetic recitations on the “Culture of Reading” during the inauguration of Children Books Exhibition which was sponsored and held at Swedish embassy.
- Production of KWA MANUFAA YA NANI (to whose benefit) a one-hour play on the conflict of prawn farming project in Rufiji basin. The Institute of Resource Assessment (IRA) of the University of Dar Es Salaam sponsored the play. The performance took place at the University of Dar Es Salaam and Bagamoyo college of Arts.
- Performance of a poetic recitation titled MAMA UMATI – (Mother UMATI) during the inauguration of UMATI’s five years strategic plan.
1999: Production of a play KILIO CHA ARDHI, (A cry for land) a play on land problems with regards to land Bill prepared by the government. PAA did three street performances and two indoor in DODOMA Hotel for members of parliament. All productions were done in Dodoma Municipality in collaboration with Haki Ardhi.
2001: Tour of MKWEZI NA NAZI production in south African Market theatre Festival in Johannesburg.